Lake Lioson deserves its nickname « pearl of the alpine lakes ». The ultimate destination for a family hike or a place to rest before climbing the surrounding summits, its emerald coloured waters both seduce and inspire visiting hikers to relax.
High above Les Mosses and in unspoilt natural surroundings, its cool clear waters reflect the surrounding mountain tops. Its banks are an ideal spot for a picnic or a siesta in the sun after a strenuous hike.
A real treat for the kids after a climb is a visit to the zoo at the end of the lake. The dwarf animals are at the perfect height for children: rabbits, goats, chickens and piglets. For the brave and for those who don’t mind the cold, don’t be afraid to take a dip in the lake !
And if you want to eat fish ? Lake Lioson is regularly restocked, harbouring both char and rainbow trout. And if the fish doesn’t take the bait, the restaurant terrace will save the day with its menu of cheese dishes and specialities served on a slate.
From Jun 1, 2021 To Oct 31, 2021
- Accessible on foot or by mountain bike from mid-June to early October
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Shuttle bus on request by calling +41 (0)24 491 11 44
- Small car park next to the Lioson d'en Bas cheese factory (30 min. walk from the lake) or car park on the Col des Mosses (1 hour walk from the lake)
- Fishing site (fishing prohibited on Friday)
- Pedal boat rental at the restaurant for CHF 5.00
- Lake Lioson inaccessible in winter