In stark contrast to the busy county roads, the Hongrin road connects the valley to the mountains and leads you into the very heart of nature. It makes for a fabulous alternative as a starting point for a mountain walk or for a spot of mountain fishing.
The road linking La Lécherette to Corbeyrier on the south side of Lake Hongrin is located in a military zone known as « Petit Hongrin ». This winding road cuts through stretches of greenery as far as the eye can see as well negotiating the impressive Agites tunnel, hewn magnificently out of the rock face.
For cyclists this is a mythical route which commands a certain level of fitness due to the gradient, an adventure enhanced by the passage through a tunnel which is illuminated purely by a few natural light wells.
The route is only open at weekends and outside of organised shooting practice due to its partial location in a military zone. There are also time restrictions in operation for passage through the single lane Agites tunnel.
Office du Tourisme Les Mosses - La Lécherette
- Route du Col des Mosses 106
- 1862 Les Mosses - CH
- Tel : +41 (0) 24 491 14 66
Remarks (validity : every year from 1st of July to 15th of August) :
- The Chamois trail is open to hikers without particular restriction desppite the presence of the military.
- The miitary road from La Lécherette to "Pierre du Moëllé" crossing is open without special restrictions, despite the presence of the military.
- The second part of the road (towards Luan) remains open for transit (no possibility to stop along the way) with risk of waiting.
Agites tunnel timetable :
Official opening time : 1st June
Weekends and bank holidays from 7h to 19h : ascent (direction Lécherette) during the first quarter of each hour (00 to 15), descent (direction Corbeyrier) during the third quarter of each hour (30-45)