The Sphinx is the most popular sector of the Tour d'Aï. It offers many routes of various levels and a magnificent landscape.
Overlooking Lake Aï, this site is aimed at climbers from beginners to experienced climbers. It is situated at an altitude of 2200m on the south face of the Tour d'Aï and has routes ranging from a1 to 7c+.
The Sphinx is divided into several sectors:
- Left Sphinx, south-west: 14 routes from 5c to 7c
- Sphinx right, south: 13 lanes from 6a+ to 7c
- Aï sud, Désir brûlant : 10 lanes from 4c to 7c+.
- Ali Baba: 11 channels from 2a to 7c+.
- Eglantine my love: 15 ways from 4c to 7b
- Small diagonal, Tank: 22 lanes from 5a to 7c
- Kick to the sky: 14 lanes from 1a to 7b
- Aiguillette des guides: 24 lanes from 4a to 7b